Saturday 1 October 2011

Frenzied

A Very Short Ramble 


Today is one of those idyllic days that England would only ever see once or twice a year. It's cool, hitting highs of only 17degrees celsius but with a sky so blue and a wind so fresh that it'd hard to remember that this is North Carolina and not a blinding day on the Dorset coast. I went to collect a package (proper British Earl Grey - thank you family!!!) and buy something for lunch (sushi which turned out to be day-old and rancid), it was a nice break from the absolute paralysis of today.


Last night you see, well and Thursday's little adventure, was brilliant. We'd planned for a while to all have dinner at the Wonderful-304 and that finally came into fruition and then, although I was meant to be going to the Mallard Ball,  we ended up in a place called Pulse.


There were sooo many of us and we all tried Long Island Ice Teas: vodka, rum, tequila, triple sex, gin and then a dash of sweet/sour something and coke, although Andrea dashed mine to the floor and then John tipped his down Emma. But all in all rather amusing.


There were only four of the 'well-known-faces' out though and we all cheers to Fiona and to her family because we missed her moves on the sticky old dancefloor. And the fact that between John and Wevine, the rest of us stood no chance in the sing-off!!


Maybe I should feel a little disappointed that I missed the first sorority cocktail but it was so much fun last night that I really can't bring myself to!!


Anyway, I shouldn't be updating this (blame it on boredom and the slight guilt I feel for not updating in sooooooo long before) right now - I should be knuckling down on the essay I have due on Monday. A far-too-short essay comparing the wonderful La Rabouilleuse (The Black Sheep) by Honore Balzac and Dicken's less intriguing Hard Times. Definitely should have done more by now. But it'll be done and I've actually formulated a question now so that's a good start!!!

Je serai poète et toi poésie,
 SCRIBBLER

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scribble Back